Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New York 2011: MOMA

For me, the highlight of my recent trip to New York was visiting the Museum of Modern Art. I can't even describe what it was like to stand in the presence of such incredible works of art. In just a few hours we were able to view works by the great masters of modern art including: Picasso, Matisse, Braque, Leger, Van Gogh, Wyeth, Pollack, Munch, Monet, Lichtenstein, and Warhol. These artists were bold enough to experiment with new ways of expression and had brilliant ideas about the nature of materials and functions of art. It was their vision that created a pivotal point in art history and gave birth to a new movement that changed its course. Walking around the MOMA was beyond words especially when I was able to view my favorite painting of all time, "Christina's World" by Andrew Wyeth. It was an incredible and emotional moment to see this particular painting in person.
Below are just a few snap-shots I took of what we saw that day, I can't wait to go back!
















1 comment:

  1. Love all of the artwork! That must have been AMAZING!!

    xo
    Alexandra
    www.fashion-feast.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...